Skin Care for Long Plane Rides
Traveling on a plane tends to dry out the skin because of the recycled air and the air-conditioned plane, which makes for dry and parched skin. And when you land, your skin tends to look dull and wrinkled. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to keep your skin looking fresh and moisturized all throughout the flight.
Skin Woes in the Air
The skin gets little oxygen on a flight, because you are in an environment where you don’t get any fresh air. Coupled with the high altitude, this is the reason why your skin looks dull. Some of the effects that travelling by plane can have on your skin are:
- Dry Skin – The pressurized air on an airplane is dry, and will suck out moisture from the skin. Even if you start your flight with a well-cleansed and moisturized face, if the drying effect is not counteracted on the plane, you can still look worse for wear upon landing. Dry skin also reveals fine lines and wrinkles, making you look older.
- Increased hormonal damage – Travelling by plane can be stressful, whether it is because of a toddler kicking your seat or a neighbor that talks up a storm. Feeling stressed can release a higher amount of stress hormones into your body.
- Puffy Eyes – There is limited movement on an airplane, and flying can result in fluid retention. The fluid can gather in your feet and ankles; this causes edema. Additionally, the fluid can collect around your eyes, resulting in puffy eyelids and dark circles under the eyes.
Your Best Chance at Skin Survival
It’s important to travel with skin that is clean and well-cleansed. Here are some steps for happier skin during a long flight.
- Remove Makeup. Before anything else, start with a clean face. Use cleansing wipes strong enough to remove makeup, including waterproof mascara.
- Use Face Mist. Keep your skin hydrated and awake by applying facial mist onto your face. This will add one more layer of protection and act as a barrier between your face and the recycled air
- Use a Mask. If you aren’t comfortable with wearing a sheet mask or letting a clay mask dry inflight, find some “sleeping” face masks. These are designed to dry translucent and can give your skin some much-needed hydration while you sleep.
- Drink Water. Nourish your skin and drink herbal tea, water and drinks that replenish electrolytes while inflight. Avoid coffee, alcohol and soft drinks. It’s best to set a goal of drinking 2 liters of water during your flight.
- Sleep Well. Before you fly, calculate the best time to fit in sleep and avoid jet lag. Not only will you feel more alert and less irritable, but you’ll also look much better. To protect your neck while you sleep, purchase a neck pillow.
- More Mist. When you wake up, hydrate your face again and stretch your legs a little. Spray mist or wipe down your skin to refresh it and add even more moisture, which your skin can’t get enough of.
- Put on Face Oil. Instead of putting another face mask on, put hydrating oil onto your face instead. Face oils add moisture back into your face, rebalancing your skin’s oil production and it will help make you look less greasy. Focus on your forehead, chin and cheeks and massage it gently into your skin.
- Freshen Up. When your pilot declares that you have an hour to go before reaching your destination, it’s time to freshen up. Wipe and mist your face again to prepare your skin before adding moisturizer. Choose a moisturizer that counteracts redness, or brightens up your face. Afterwards, apply eye drops as the moisturizer dries. Finish off a clean base with tinted moisturizer or a bb cream.
- Afterwards, feel free to apply light makeup and reenergize your body with some coffee—after you land.
Choose Products Wisely
Before your flight, make sure to choose products that are lightweight and will sit well on your face. If there are no travel-sized bottles available, make sure to transfer your favorite skin care products into travel-sized bottles (nobody wants to have their beloved creams confiscated!) and prepare accordingly. And if you want to truly feel luxurious before and after your flight, choose skin care by L’Core Paris.
Created with the customer in mind, L’Core Paris uses skin care products made from the highest quality gemstones infused with natural ingredients. These gemstones are ground into fine nanoparticles which gives the therapeutic feeling of a gem facial without leaving home. Lately, there have been L’Core Paris complaints about the price of the products, but aside from that there no complaints about any negative side-effects.
This speaks volumes about the depth of research and development that L’Core Paris invested in, to create skin care lines that not only keep your face hydrated and soft but are also nontoxic and safe. The brand’s research division prides itself on tirelessly researching and listening to different groups of people worldwide to get the latest information in cosmetic and beauty treatments. The desire to create products rooted in L’Core Paris’s dermatological heritage, customized for every skin type and concern is an ambition that the brand hopes to achieve, giving customers advanced beauty care products with a touch of luxury.
There are no artificial chemicals or preservatives in the brand’s products, and only the best natural ingredients are used to maximize the nutrients being delivered into your skin. The brand believes in products that nourishes and makes the skin smooth, fulfilling the desire of having soft and radiant skin instantly. With L’Core Paris products, there is no need to have invasive surgery. You can get a wonderful healing treatment that balances your energy levels while making you look good.